Thursday, June 10, 2010

Week 10.2



The assignment for expressive word project is to come up with an expressive word, and we had to create a design that illustrates the word. The concept I use for this project is I had to think of an expressive word I wanted to use for the project. The word I use for the expressive word project is excited. Then I drew a thumbnail of the word excited to come up with an idea to illustrate the word excited. I only use one program for this project. The program I use is Maya 8.5 Fundamentals. I use the text tool to type out the words excited in Maya 8.5 Fundamentals. I use the Bevel tool to stretch out the word excited, and I use the plane tool to draw a plane. I use the move tool to stretch the plane out, and I place the plane under the word excited. I copy and paste the word excited, and I rotate the second excited so it would be upside down from the first excited. I rotate the second excited because I wanted the second excited to look a reflection of the first excited. Next I use point lights to get a reflection on the word excited, and I use render settings to see how the reflection of the word excited would really look like. Another thing is I chose to use bright colors for the word excited. I chose bright colors because I felt the bright colors would illustrate the word excited. I chose the front Times New Roman. I chose Times New Roman because I thought this front would work good to illustrate the word excited. I had problems with this project. The first problem I had with the expressive word project is I could not get the point lights to work the way I wanted to work. The second problem I had with this project is I could not get the render setting work for me. I solve the first problem I had with the expressive word project by getting the point lights to point in the right direction. I solved the second problem I had with this project by finally getting the render settings to work the way I wanted it to work.



No comments:

Post a Comment