Thursday, June 3, 2010

Week 9.1


The assignment for book jacket 2 is to design and comp a series of three book sleeves/ book jackets for related titles. The book series of three I use is called The Norton Anthology of World Literature. The concept I use for this project is I drew thumbnails to come up with ideas to use to create the book jacket. I use a check list, creative/production est. paper, and project description paper for the book jacket 2 project. I look on morguefile.com to get a picture of Ancient China to use for the front and back cover of the book jacket. I used two programs for this project. The programs I use are Quarkxpress and Adobe Acrobat. I use Quarkxpress to create book jacket 2, and I create a PDF file in Quarkxpress. I use Adobe Acrobat to open the PDF file of book jacket 2. Then the reason why I chose the colors dark red, black, and gold is because I felt that those colors would work good together. The reason why I chose the fronts I chose is because I thought those fronts would be good to use for a world literature book.

Another thing is I did have problems with the book jacket 2. The first problem I had with this project is getting the words on the back cover to be place where I wanted them to be place. The second problem I had with the book jacket 2 is getting the shapes to be place the right way in the out line of the book jacket. I tried to solve the first problem by placing the words in the white square, but the words kept getting closer to the edge of the white square. I tried to solve the second problem I had by placing the shapes I use in the out line of the book jacket the right way, but I still could not get the shapes to be place in the out line of the book jacket the way I wanted it to be. Later I went on to another graphic design blog called youthedesigner.com. I felt that blog was helpful to me because the blog show me good examples on how to create a log in page for a website.

http://www.youthedesigner.com/2010/05/14/30-examples-of-login-form-designs/comment-page-1/#comment-28846


No comments:

Post a Comment