Saturday, June 5, 2010

Week 9.2


The assignment for book jacket 3 is to design and comp a series of three book sleeves/ book jackets for related titles. The book series I use is called The Norton Anthology of World Literature. The concept I use for this project is I drew thumbnails to come up with ideas to use to create the book jacket. I used a check list, creative/production est. paper, and project description paper for book jacket 3. Then I look on Google to find a Renaissance picture to use for this project. The programs I use for this project is Quarkxpress, and Adobe Acrobat. I use Quarkxpress to create book jacket 3, and create a PDF file. I use Adobe Acrobat to open the PDF file of book jacket 3. The reason why I chose the colors dark green, black, gold because I felt those colors would make the picture I chose stand out on front and back cover of the book jacket. I chose the italic front for the title because I thought the italic front would make the title look like a world literature book. Another thing is I had problems with book jacket 3. The first problem I had with this project is placing the shapes the in side the outline of the book jacket. The second problem I had with book jacket 3 is getting the words on back cover to line up right. I could not solve the first problem because I kept having problems getting the shapes to be place inside the outline of the book jacket. Also I could not solve the second problem because I still had a problem with the words on the back cover being too close to the edge of the white rectangle.


No comments:

Post a Comment