Thursday, April 29, 2010

Week 4.1


The air race poster was assignment I had to do Graphic Symbolism class. The assignment was to create iconic poster graphics without the additional text and other elements you might normally find on a poster, and we had to look at art nouveau, art deco, and psychedelic posters to decide what type of posters we wanted to create. The concept I used for the air race poster is I first look at poster.com website to see how art nouveau and art deco posters looked. Second I decided to pick three events I wanted to create posters for. Third I looked at mourguefile website to look for pictures to used for the three events I was going to create posters for. One of the three events I chose to make a poster for is Air race.
Another thing is the reason why I chose the color scheme I chose is because I wanted the colors match the colors I saw on art nouveau posters I looked at. The programs I used for the air race poster is Photoshop, Illustrator, and Quarkxpress. I used Photoshop to look at pictures I was going to used for air race poster. I open the picture I chose for the air race poster in Illustrator; so I could live trace the picture. The live trace allow the picture to look like an art nouveau poster. I open the air race poster in Quarkxpress to save the poster as a PDF file. I did not use any front for this poster. I encountered problems with this poster. The first problem I encountered with the air race poster is I had a hard time finding a picture I could use for the air race poster. The second problem I encountered with this poster is I could not get the live paint in Illustrator to trace the picture the way I wanted it to work. I solved the first problem by finally finding a good picture I could used for the air race poster, and I solved the second problem by the live paint in Illustrator finally tracing the picture the way I wanted the picture to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment