Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Week 1.1

I created the tea labels for this project in Package Design class. The assignment for the tea labels was we had to pick one of the four compaines that we wanted to create package labels for. The concept I did for the company Trendy Teas that I chose is I first look at package label pages. Then I drew thumbnails for Trendy Teas. I drew the coffee cups, and leaves in Illustrator. The programs I used for this project is Illustrator and Quarkxpress. After that I drew the coffee cups and leaves in Illustrator, and I open the Trendy Teas labels up in Quarkxpress to saved it as a PDF file.
Another thing is the reason why I chose the colors dark blue and hot pink is I wanted to show different type of teas that Trendy Teas has to offer. The reason why I this front is I thought this front would be good to chose for the labels.
Also I had problems with the package label project. The first problem I had with this project is the first company I chose did not work out the way I wanted it to work. The second problem I had with the package label project is I had to decide were I wanted to place the leaves on the labels. I solved the first problem by changing to a different company. I solved the second problem by placing the leaves on the corners of the labels. I learned from this project that package design is not easy to create because you have to think of a package design that will really work for your product.

No comments:

Post a Comment