Thursday, April 8, 2010

Week 1.1

I in Digital Layout class had to create three posters for a event called South University Columbia Student Exhibition. This is the first poster I created for the South University Columbia Student Exhibition.The concept I used for this project is I had to think how I wanted to design the South University Columbia Student Exhibition poster. I had to decided what shapes I wanted to for this poster. I came up with the idea for the South University Student Exhibition poster by thinking about the design in my head. I used Quarkxpress to create the designs, and the front for this poster. I chose these colors because my professor told me that I can only used red and black for the South University Student Exhibition poster. The reason why I chose the front Helvetica is because I felt the front would be good to used for this poster.
Another thing is I had problems with the first poster I created for the South University Student Exhibition. The first problem I had with this poster is I did not know the right place to put the rectangle shapes on the poster. The second problem I had with the South University Student Exhibition poster is I did not find a good place to put the words for this poster. I solved the first problem I had with this poster by placing one of the rectangles up top, I place the second rectangle on the bottom, and I decided to have the other two rectangles cross each other in the middle. I solved the second problem I had with the South University Student Exhibition poster by placing the words under the first rectangle. I also found out that I liked creating posters.

No comments:

Post a Comment