Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Week 2.2

I created the Pattern project in Graphic Symbolism class. The Pattern project assignment was where we were to create a pattern with using nature, and we had to chose a plant we wanted to use for this project. I started my concept out by looking on Morguefie.com for plants. Then I download the plant pictures that I like to used for the Pattern project. Next I look at the pictures in Photoshop to see which plant picture would be the best to used. I pick the picture with vines that had leaves on them. The picture I picked came out looking like a pattern when I first open it in Photoshop. After that I change the color of the picture with using Hue/Saturation. I chose the purple background because I felt that purple would make the vines and leaves stand out more.

My professor told me that I should make a copy of the vines and leaves pattern, and my professor told me that I should change copy background color to a different color from the original one. I chose those colors because my professor told me that the picture would look better if different colors, and my professor told me that it would make the patterns stand out more.
I had problems with the Pattern project because I at first had a hard time find good plant pictures that would really work for the Pattern project, and I had a hard time deciding what colors I wanted the pattern to be. I solve the first problem by finally finding a good plant picture that I could used for the Pattern project, and I solve the second problem by deciding to change the background color to purple. Also at the end I end up enjoying the Pattern project because I was allow to created unique patterning.

No comments:

Post a Comment