Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Week 3.2

The concept I came up with for this Hero Character project I had to decided what kind of character I wanted to create, and I did this by drawing sketches of a running carrot. Then I drew a sketch of a carrot facing forward. The reason why I chose to have a vegetable as a hero character is because my professor one day in Digital Illustration drew a hero character named Broccoli Man. The reason why I named my vegetable hero Larry the Carrot is because one day name just came to me in my head. I created Larry the Carrot in Illustrator, and Photoshop. The reason why I chose the colors orange, and green for the carrot is because I knew that most carrots were orange, and most carrots had a green top on them. I chose the dark shade of blue, light blue,orange, and gold because I felt that those colors would go great together on the toy box.I chose to draw stars on the toy box because I felt that the stars would help bring vegetable hero out more. The reason why I chose the front I chose is because I thought that typeface would be a good typeface to used for the words I was going to write, and I chose to make the words gold because I thought that gold would make the words stand out.
Another thing is I had problems working in Illustrator with Larry the Carrot because I could not get the legs fit together like they were suppose to, and I could not get the curvy lines at the bottom of the carrot to come together. Then I had a problem working in Photoshop with Larry the Carrot because I could not get the diamond shape to look like it was plastic covering the toy. I solved the problems in Illustrator by finally getting the legs on the carrot to actually fit together, and I solved the other problem I had in Illustrator by getting curvy lines on the bottom of the carrot to come together. Also I solved the problem I had with working in Photoshop with Larry the Carrot by just letting the diamond shape just stay like it was because I could not get it to work the way I wanted it to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment