Monday, April 19, 2010

Week 2.1

The Self Portrait poster was an final project assignment I had in Concept Design Class. My professor wanted us to take pictures for the Self Portrait poster, and we had to dress up like we were going to job interview. I took several pictures of myself for the Self Portrait poster. The concept used for the Self Portrait poster is I had to look at several pictures of myself. Then I had to chose a picture that I wanted to used for the Self Portrait poster. After that I open the pictures in Photoshop; which I look at the pictures to see which one I wanted to used for the Self Portrait poster. I open the picture in Illustrator to create the background I wanted for the Self Portrait poster. I open the picture in Indesign to create a PDF file that would be printed.
Another thing is the reason why I chose gold for the background is because I felt that gold would the picture of me stand out better. I chose the dark and bright colors for the stars because I thought the dark and bright colors would make the stars stand out on the gold background. I chose to draw the stars in different sizes because I wanted the stars to look different from each other. Also the problems I encountered with the Self Portrait poster is I at first had a hard time making a choice on what picture I wanted to used for the Self Portrait poster, and I had a hard time changing the poster design I originally had because l like the first design I had. The other problems I had with the Self Portrait poster was my professor wanting me to add different types of flowers to the poster, and I had hard time adding different flowers to poster. I solved the first problem I had by finally picking the picture of myself that I felt would be the best to used for the Self Portrait poster. I solved the second problem I had by adding the different flowers to the poster at first, but I had to finally change the poster design to a different design from the original one because the original design did not work as well as I thought it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment