Friday, May 14, 2010

Week 6.1


The assignment for the first book jacket is to design and comp a series of three book sleeves/book jackets for related titles. The other part of the assignment was to have the book jackets to be full color, full bleed allowed, and I had to design the front, back, spine, and the front and back cover insert tabs. The concept I use for the book jackets were I had to pick a three books that were in a series, and I had to create book jackets for them. Then I drew thumbnails for the book jackets I was going to create. I had to use a concepting checklist for this project. I use a creative/production est. worksheet to write about the book jackets. I wrote on a project description sheet for the book jacket project. I use two programs for the first book jacket. This is the first book jacket I created for this project. The first program I use for this project is Quarkxpress. I use Quarkxpress to create the book jackets. The second program I use is Photoshop, and I open the picture used in Photoshop to see if it was a good picture to use. I search Google to get a picture of a Greek temple to use for the first book jacket I created.

Another thing is the reason why I chose the color red, black, and white for the first book jacket is because I felt that the colors red, black, and white would be good to used for the background for the first book jacket. I chose gold, and black for the words because I thought gold and black would make the words stand out on the background. I used two fronts for the first book jacket. I chose the first front for the book title because I felt the front would bring out the title better. I chose the second front for the description of the book. After that I did have problems with the first book jacket. The first problem I had with this project is I could not get the rectangles to stay in place the way I wanted them to. The second problem I had with the first book jacket is getting the book description on the back cover tab to be place the way I want it to be. I solved the first problems by finally getting the rectangles to be place the way I wanted them to be. I solved the second problem by finally placing the book description in place on the back cover tab. Later I went on the website graphicdesignblog.org to write what I thought about Charlie B. Johnson blog, and I wrote that I like the blog he had written about clients not paying graphic designers the money they are worth.

http://www.graphicdesignblog.org/money-vs-quality-for-clients/comment-page-1/#comment-11639



No comments:

Post a Comment