Monday, May 10, 2010

5.1


South University Columbia Student Exhibition poster assignment was to create three posters using two modular grids and one deconstruction grid to set up the designs. The other part of the assignment was to use black and red colors for the designs. I used one program for this poster. The program I created the South University Columbia Student Exhibition poster in Quarkxpress. I save the poster as PDF file in Quarkxpress. The reason why I chose the color scheme black and red is because black and red were the only colors I could use to create the designs for the South University Columbia Student Exhibition poster. Then the reason why I chose to use the Helvetica front is because I felt that this front would make words on the poster be easier to read. Another thing is this poster is the second South University Columbia Student Exhibition poster I created. I did encounter problems with this poster. The first problem I had with the South University Columbia Student Exhibition poster is I had a hard time coming up with a good design for the second poster. The second problem I had with the South University Student Exhibition poster is getting the rectangles to cover most of the positive space on the poster. I solved the first problem by finally getting good design that I could use for the poster, and I solved the second problem by getting the rectangles to rotate diagonally in the center of the poster. After that I went on a website called graphicdesignblog.org to look at another graphic designer blog, and I wrote what I like about the graphic desginer blog. The graphic designer name is Charlie B. Johnson, and I wrote I like the fact that he had place the pictures in center of his blog.




http://www.graphicdesignblog.org/interesting-facts-about-graphic-design/


No comments:

Post a Comment