Thursday, May 20, 2010

Week 7.1

The assignment for the quotation type design poster is to choose a quote, poetry, haiku, song lyric that has twenty-five words or less, and it has to very expressive of emotion, history, personality, or of a place and time.The other part of the assignment is to do the opposite of what the quote said. The concept I use for the quotation type design poster is I chose the song called "Life is a Highway". Then I wrote the song lyrics out on a piece of paper going diagonally one the paper;which I did this because I wanted to see way I could place the song lyrics on the poster. I only used one program for this poster. The program I used for the quotation type design poster is Illustrator. I used Illustrator to create the quotation type design poster. After that the reason why I chose to used the colors red, neon green, blue, neon yellow, and black is because I felt those colors would be the opposite of night colors.
Another thing is I chose two different fronts for the quotation type design poster. The two fronts I used for the poster is Banco Std Roman and Impact Std Roman fronts. I chose those fronts because the Banco Std Roman and Impact Std Roman fronts look like roads on a highway. I did encounter problems with this poster. The first problem I had with the quotation type design poster is deciding if I wanted to have the song lyrics criss cross each other on the poster. The second problem I had with this poster is deciding on a good front to used for the poster. I solved the first problem by finally deciding that it would be a good to crisis cross the song lyrics on the poster. I solved the second problem by deciding on two fronts I thought would be good to used for the quotation type design poster. Later I went on the graphicdesignblog.org website to Charlie B. Johnson's blog on taking photographs during the day and night. Also I wrote on his blog that I like the fact that he talk about the difficulties of taking pictures during the day and night.


http://www.graphicdesignblog.org/contrasting-day-night-photography/comment-page-1/#comment-11726

No comments:

Post a Comment