Thursday, May 27, 2010

Week 8.1

The assignment for the triangle monogram is to create three monograms sets using your three initials, and format each design using three shapes like square, circle, and triangle. The other part of the assignment is to allow the letters of my three initials to appear intertwined, overlapped, and consider positive/negative space, alignment and value. The concept I used for the triangle monogram design is I drew several thumbnails of triangles and I drew my three initials to come up with different ways to place my three initials in the triangle. I only used one program for this design, and the program I used for the triangle monogram design is Illustrator. The reason why I chose the colors black and white is because I thought the colors black and white would show positive and negative space. The reason why I used the front Helvetica is because I felt the front Helvetica would make my three initials stand out in the triangle.

Another thing is I had problems with the triangle monogram design. The first problem I had with this design is using colors for my three initials and the background. The second problem I had with the triangle monogram design is choosing a typeface. The third problem I had with this design is placing my three initials in the triangle the way I want it to be. I solved the first problem by deciding to use the colors black and white for the triangle monogram design. I solved second problem by finally finding a good typeface to use for my three initials. I solved the third problem by finding a way to place the letters of my three initials in the triangle. After that I went on the graphicdesignblog.org website to read Charlie B. Johnson blog on redesigning famous logos. I wrote what I like about his blog, which I wrote I like the fact that the pictures on his blog were place in the center. Also I wrote that I the new logo design for skittles.

http://www.graphicdesignblog.org/famous-logo-redesigns-2010/comment-page-1/#comment-11834



No comments:

Post a Comment